With the Swiss Travel Pass all doors to trains, busses and boats are open to you.
Discover Switzerland in all its diversity: in nostalgic cog railways, through ceiling-high train windows, and on state-of-the-art motor vessels. This rich variety is capped off by punctuality, comfort and culinary highlights – that’s travelling the Swiss way.
Train, bus and boat are perfectly synchronised on the world’s densest traffic network. When the train arrives, bus and boat are at the ready in walking distance. Easy, convenient and direct.
All the benefits at a glance.
Here’s what you get with your all-in-one ticket:
- unlimited travel by train, bus and boat
- unlimited travel on premium panoramic trains*
- unlimited use of local public transportation in more than 90 towns and cities
- free admission to more than 500 museums
- unlimited travel to Mount Rigi, Stanserhorn and Stoos
- up to 50% discount on many other mountain excursions
- up to 30% discount on SBB RailAway offers
- with the complimentary Swiss Family Card, your children travel free of charge from their 6th up to their 16th birthday. Children under 6 years of age travel free of charge.
*Seat reservation fees and/or surcharges apply
Please contact the issuing point-of-sale for cancellations and refunds.
Swiss Travel Pass area of validity and highlights.
For a complete overview of the Swiss Travel Pass validity, download a PDF map or install the Swiss Travel Guide app. A seat reservation and/or upgrade is required to travel on some trains/buses/boats such as the Glacier Express, Bernina Express, Gotthard Panorama Express and Palm Express.
The top train attraction.
Let the breathtaking scenery pass you by. The Grand Train Tour of Switzerland is a unique route that dreams are made of, combining the most beautiful panoramic routes into a single memorable experience.
With the Swiss Travel Pass, you will get to discover Switzerland’s sights and landmarks from the comfort of the train. As you will see, the experience is close to being in a theme park, except that this unique route spanning 1,280 kilometres is for real.
There is no prescribed direction or duration. You can hop on and off wherever you please. Whether at Zermatt, the Lavaux, or at the Rhine Falls: the Grand Train Tour of Switzerland is also a perfect starting point for all sorts of excursions.
Have we mentioned the Swiss Museum Pass?
Visit famous castles, interactive museums and even UNESCO World Heritage Sites: the Swiss Travel Pass is also your entry ticket to the world of museums. Benefit from unlimited free admissions to more than 500 museums. The following two are particularly popular. Just show your Swiss Travel Pass at the entrance and step in!
„App-grade“ your journey.
Enjoy many benefits and never miss a highlight – with the Swiss Travel Guide. Everything you‘ll ever need on your journey by public transport is in the Swiss Travel Guide app: information about the Swiss Travel Pass, a digital map of the Swiss Travel System and links to the online timetable. It’s the perfect companion for any visitor travelling by public transport.
But there’s more:
- The app shows you all highlights near you.
- You’ll benefit from discounts on culinary delights, guided city tours and mountain railways.
- You can access important contact numbers and information offline at any time, e.g. lost-and-found offices, timetable information or transport police.
The app is available for download via App Store or Google Play Store in five languages.
The perfect travel guide for your journey